[patch/ob] openat and friends for Cygwin

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Thu Apr 24 11:24:00 GMT 2008

On Apr 23 06:44, Eric Blake wrote:

> According to Corinna Vinschen on 4/23/2008 5:13 AM:
> |
> | +#ifdef __CYGWIN__
> | +/* Special descriptor value to denote the cwd in calls to openat(2) etc.
> */
> | +#define AT_FDCWD -2
>
> Is it worth trying to match Linux's definition of AT_FDCWD (-100, per
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/2/27/421), if only for the benefit of (broken)
> code that doesn't use the symbolic name?

I don't think so.  The actual value is not documented.  Applications
using it are simply broken.

> | +#ifdef __CYGWIN__
> | +extern int futimesat _PARAMS ((int, const char *, const struct timeval
> *));
>
> Shouldn't you also declare utimensat in sys/stat.h?  Posix 200x scrapped
> futimesat in favor of utimensat, in part because nanosecond resolution is
> too important to overlook, and in part, to add a flag parameter so you can
> adjust timestamps of symlinks independently of what they point to on file
> systems that support that.

I guess you didn't read the cygwin-developers ML so far... ;)

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader