Newlib 1.16.0 snapshot approaching

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Tue Dec 18 03:06:00 GMT 2007

Dave Korn wrote:
> On 11 December 2007 19:25, Jeff Johnston wrote:
>

>> Sorry the late notice, but this is to inform people that I will making
>> the annual newlib snapshot soon (1.16.0).  To the usual suspects: if
>> there is code you have been squirreling away, there's not a lot of time
>> left.  I hope to put the snapshot out next week some time, barring major
>> last minute issues.
>>

>   Righto, will get a move on with [l]{0-2}rint[lf]? x87 implementation.
>
>   I was experimenting with adding a mechanism to allow target-dependent
> alterations/additions to the docs.  In order to make progress quicker in limited
> spare time, I'll break it out into separate patches, hopefully post the first
> one this evening after work.
>
>   About MD-docs: I figured a reasonable approach would be for targets to have
> the option of providing either/and/or/both of 1) a machine-specific include file
> that can be included right at the start of math.tex/mathfp.tex to provide a
> bunch of @set/@clear definitions that can be tested with @ifset and used to
> extend the main menu, and 2) make "make doc" recurse into libm/machine, passing
> down TARGETDOC so that the MD makefile can $(CHEW) its source files and/or
> concatenate a bunch of @page/@include directives to the generated texi.  Do you
> think that's a suitable way to implement it?

I would think the easiest and safest way considering the time factor
would be to use the existing mechanisms that are already in place.  For
example, look at how stdio64 is supported in libc and use the same
mechanism to optionally have a machine-specific math doc section.  Use a
hard-coded relative path for TARGETDOC as is done in the subdirs of libc
and libm.  Seem reasonable?

-- Jeff J.