Building newlib without -mhard-float

Rick Mann rmann@latencyzero.com
Wed Sep 5 15:44:00 GMT 2007

I seem to be getting closer with newlib. I've succeeded in writing
code that calls memcpy and memset, and running that on the target
hardware. Now I'm trying to get sprintf() to work, with less success.

The biggest problem is that a great many floating point functions
don't appear to be defined. So, I tried siprintf(), the integer
version, and now I just get a couple of undefined integer routines:

/Users/rmann/Desktop/gcc/newlib-1.15.0/build2/arm-elf/newlib/libc/
stdio/../../../../../newlib/libc/stdio/vfprintf.c:1135: undefined
reference to `__umoddi3'
/Users/rmann/Desktop/gcc/newlib-1.15.0/build2/arm-elf/newlib/libc/
stdio/../../../../../newlib/libc/stdio/vfprintf.c:1136: undefined
reference to `__udivdi3'

Of course, I currently also don't have defined things like _sbrk_r(),
but I realize that's because I have a bare-bones build, and need to
provide those myself.

But, can anyone advise me on where I'm going wrong with the floating-
point and longlong support?

Thanks ever so much!

--
Rick