Qs about runtime support libs like crt0.o

Rick Mann rmann@latencyzero.com
Fri Aug 31 17:57:00 GMT 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 4:56 PM, Duane Ellis wrote:

> Exactly what CPU are you using?
>
> 1)    How exactly did you build GCC?
>    Where did  you get <stdio.h> from - when you built arm-elf-gcc?
>        Did you borrow it from /usr/include - That is a bad thing!
>
> 2) Generally to build GCC you do it in two stages.
>         Stage 1 - You build a plain C only compiler.
>
>      Important config options:
>             --with-cpu=<THE_EXACT_ARM_YOU_ARE_USING>
>             --with-newlib
>             --disable-nls
>            --enable-threads=no
>           --enable-symvers=gnu
>           --enable-__cxa_atexit
>          --enable-languages=c
>           --disable-shared
>
>       Use "make  all-gcc"  then "make install-gcc"
>
>   Anything more - has mental issues...

So, there's some uncertainty here for me. I'm trying the following:

../configure --prefix=/usr/local/myarm --target=arm-elf --with-
cpu=xscale --with-arch=armv5te --with-float=soft --with-newlib --
disable-nls --enable-threads=no --enable-symvers=gnu --enable-
__cxa_atexit --enable-languages=c --disable-shared

I notice you didn't specify --target, but "make all-gcc" complained
about not knowing --with-cpu=xscale without it. I'm trying right now
with --target to see if that makes things better.

I'm using an XScale PXA320, which the docs say is arm v5te but I
don't know more than that.

--
Rick