FW: FW: strcasestr() patch proposal

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Fri Jun 8 14:40:00 GMT 2007

On 08 June 2007 14:39, Olivier Langlois wrote:

> I did not just said it. I provided a copy of his e-mail.
> What else do you need to believe it?
>
> Of course, the copy is not digitally signed so if you are a paranoiac that
> think I am lying, you can always double check with him:

  No, you missed the point: nobody mistrusts you or your ability to accurately
report a conversation.  The problem is, however, that just because the author
says it is ok, does not necessarily mean that it actually /is/ ok, because he
could be wrong.

  And in this case he almost certainly is.  He has assigned his copyright; it
is no longer his, he has given it away, and he cannot therefore license (under
any terms) some code to which he (no longer) owns the copyright.

  Hope that clears it up!  Don't panic!

    cheers,
      DaveK