New libtool is in the GCC and Src trees.

Andreas Tobler toa@pop.agri.ch
Thu May 24 21:14:00 GMT 2007


Steve Ellcey wrote:
>> gcc builds fail on Darwin. Attached a patch which cures the issue.
>> Also, I'm analyzing the build failure in libjava, seems you forgot to 
>> regen the part in classpath.
>>
>> Ok?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andreas
> 
> ltmain.sh is part of the new libtool, do you know if the ToT libtool has
> this fixed?

Don't know yet, I'll check tomorrow. I'm happy if my stable 1.5.22 
version does not go mad.

> 
> I am not sure what happened with libjava.  I ran 
> 
> 	aclocal -I . -I .. -I ../config;automake;autoconf
> 
> in the libjava directory.  That regenerated the top level configure
> script and the Makefile.in files in the gcj, include, and testsuite
> subdirs.  I don't know why it didn't do anything to the classpath
> subdir.

You should read the HACKING:77ff inside libjava for how to go on for 
classpath.
Although, I tried to do it the way as described there and did not 
succeed (but I'm on Darwin and this is a bit special). I hope Tom has a 
bit more insight and can explain what's missing.

I'm on the run to bed, late night here.

Thanks for your effort, Steve.

Regards,
Andreas





More information about the Newlib mailing list