pow10 and exp10

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Thu May 17 21:53:00 GMT 2007


Hi Yaakov,

   Sorry not to get back to you earlier.

   I agree with Eric.  I have put the functions in the common directory. 
  The common directory was created after the original math directories. 
  The exp2 function was overlooked.

   We don't use the _GNU_SOURCE macro in newlib as found in glibc and 
the linux man pages.  We don't have a plethora of standards we fully 
support.  Anyway, I got rid of the _GNU_SOURCE checks and added checks 
for prototype name macros.  I added portability statements to the docs 
that mention they were GNU extensions.  I also added a comment that you 
  had created these files from modified sources in 2007.

   Modified code has been checked in.

2007-05-17  Yaakov Selkowitz  <yselkowitz <at> users.sourceforge.net>

         * libm/common/Makefile.am: Add support for exp10, exp10f,
         pow10, and pow10f functions.
         * libm/common/Makefile.in: Regenerated.
         * libm/common/s_pow10.c: New file.
         * libm/common/sf_pow10.c: Ditto.
         * libm/common/s_exp10.c: Ditto.
         * libm/common/sf_exp10.c: Ditto.
         * libc/include/math.h [!pow10]: New pow10 prototype.
         [!pow10f]: New pow10f prototype.
         [!exp10]: New exp10 prototype.
         [!exp10f]: New exp10f prototype.

-- Jeff J.


Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> Eric Blake wrote:
>> The patches look okay to me.  However, since the implementation is so
>> trivial, shouldn't you just provide a single version in libm/common 
>> rather
>> than identical versions in libm/math and libm/mathfp?  That's Jeff's 
>> call.
> 
> I used the exp2 implementation, which is quite similar, as a basis for 
> these.
> 
> 
> Yaakov
> Cygwin Ports



More information about the Newlib mailing list