Patch to update libtool in GCC and Src trees

Charles Wilson libtool@cwilson.fastmail.fm
Sat May 12 09:47:00 GMT 2007

libtool@cwilson.fastmail.fm wrote:

> I'll follow my own advice above, and give the result a try on native
> cygwin just to sanity-check that the suggestion above doesn't break
> "regular"(non-libtool) newlib builds, and report back later.  I may also
> be able to attempt a standalone native linux build of newlib but that's
> iffy.

Looks like it won't be as simple as I had hoped. When configuring in
target-newlib (cygwin native) something strange is happening.  It looks
like Xsed somehow because undefined (even tho it worked earlier in the
configure script), because I get lots of errors like:

/tmp/newlib/src/newlib/configure: line 11869: -e: command not found

arising from lines like this in the configure script:

AS='`$ECHO "X$AS" | $Xsed -e "$delay_single_quote_subst"`'

I'm not sure why, and I can't investigate any futher until after the
weekend. :-(  I've attached the patch I was using, in addition to
Steve's libtool.tar.gz.  I reautotooled in newlib/ using
'aclocal;automake -cygnus;autoconf'.

--
Chuck