Reverting mknod
Dave Korn
dave.korn@artimi.com
Mon Apr 23 13:18:00 GMT 2007
On 23 April 2007 14:06, Michael Ambrus wrote:
> What does the standard say should be the opposite of mknod?
>
> Or in other words: how do I remove a file of any type?
>
> I thought it would be unlink, but I'm not certain and the info at
> opengroup doesn't seem to support it.
It (the documentation) seems to imply that it (unlink) does (handle special
files) to me; the only thing it (docs again) says it (unlink again) won't
accept is a directory, but it (unlink) doesn't discriminate between special
and ordinary files. The file created by mknod may have some flag bits set,
but it's (the file) basically a hardlink/inode on a disk, just like any other.
[ This post has been edited to clarify a profusion of pronouns with uncertain
referents! ]
cheers,
DaveK
--
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....
More information about the Newlib
mailing list