How do I point out OS includes? -- Or how to Build My Own SDK using Newlib

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap@eros-os.com
Fri Apr 13 18:38:00 GMT 2007


On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 10:25 -0400, Duane Ellis wrote:
> You did not say _which_ OS you are using... I'll assume you have your 
> own Custom OS
> (I see Jonathan was involved with Eros-Os..)
> 
> If _YOUR_ OS is linux, go seach for "crosstool", it is a great solution.
> 
> perhaps I should make a "Non-Linux" Cross tool solution.

I don't know what Anders is building. In our case we are targeting
Coyotos (the EROS successor), and this is a big mess.

glibc is now hopelessly linux-dependent. My impression is that they gave
up on OS portability a long time ago. This is why we use newlib :-)

The C++ concern is that stdlibc++ appears to depend on a number of
things in libc that are linux- or POSIX-dependent as well. In many cases
I would be happy to just remove those parts of stdlibc++ (e.g. time
formatting).

If you were inclined to set up a non-linux crosstool scheme, we might be
willing to pay you to do it. My immediate question is: do you know
someplace where there is an existing howto for non-linux g++
cross-build, or can you provide some hints to us?

Happy to pick this up by phone if you like -- drop me an email
individually. At the very least, I'll be happy to write up whatever we
eventually get working so that others will have a hint of where to
start.


shap



More information about the Newlib mailing list