Using vector in setjmp.h for SPU.
Ulrich Weigand
uweigand@de.ibm.com
Fri Dec 15 23:46:00 GMT 2006
Joel Schopp wrote:
> trevor_smigiel@playstation.sony.com wrote:
> > Joel,
> >
> > Can you change the use of "vector" to "__vector" in
> > libc/include/machine/setjmp.h
> >
> > Only __vector is defined by default. vector is only defined
> > when spu_intrinsics.h is included.
>
> In the version of the gcc compiler I'm using both vector and __vector work equally well
> with or without includes. This is the case with xlc as well. I haven't used the new FSF
> compiler yet, could you confirm this is actually the case with it. If it is I'll send the
> patch momentarily.
We changed from attribute ((vector_size(16))) to vector because xlc
doesn't support the attribute syntax. However, as Trevor points out,
mainline GCC right now doesn't support vector by default, only
__vector.
I have not tried whether xlc supports __vector as well; if it does,
I agree that we should use __vector in the newlib headers.
Bye,
Ulrich
--
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE
Ulrich.Weigand@de.ibm.com
More information about the Newlib
mailing list