[PATCH] redefine _JBTYPE on cell spu

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Wed Dec 13 22:57:00 GMT 2006


jschopp wrote:
> Jeff Johnston wrote:
>> Assuming that the vector type has a default size of 16 bytes and that 
>> you have tested setjmp/longjmp execution, patch checked in.  I fixed 
>> the ChangeLog entry.
> 
> Yes and yes.
> 
> In an unrelated note setjmp is broken past register 115, which I am 
> planning on sending a patch for later today.  Not that anybody would 
> notice, 115 registers is more than any real program I've seen would use.
> 
> What was wrong with the changelog?  I'd like to know so I can avoid 
> doing it again.
> 

Wrong file :).

-- Jeff J.

>>
>> -- Jeff J.
>>
>> jschopp wrote:
>>> This patch redefines _JBTYPE syntax on the spu to something 
>>> equivalent that works with non-gcc compilers (xlc specifically) in 
>>> addition to gcc.  It's a one liner, tested with both gcc and xlc.
>>>
>>> 2006-12-12  Joel Schopp <jschopp@austin.ibm.com>
>>>         * spu/access.c: redefine _JBTYPE for cell spu
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Index: src/newlib/libc/include/machine/setjmp.h
>>> ===================================================================
>>> --- src.orig/newlib/libc/include/machine/setjmp.h
>>> +++ src/newlib/libc/include/machine/setjmp.h
>>> @@ -210,7 +210,7 @@ _BEGIN_STD_C
>>>  
>>>  #ifdef __SPU__
>>>  #define _JBLEN 50 -#define _JBTYPE __attribute__ (( __vector_size__ 
>>> (16) )) int
>>> +#define _JBTYPE vector signed int
>>>  #endif
>>>  
>>>  #ifdef __xstormy16__
>>
> 



More information about the Newlib mailing list