crt0 formalization

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Thu Dec 7 17:00:00 GMT 2006

jschopp wrote:
>> I'm confused.  Which way are you suggesting it be done for the spu?
>
> In newlib.

If I am reading the patch correctly, you put it in
libgloss which is essentially a Board Support Package
for no operating system.  Thus it will only be available
for the spu-elf target.

I don't think that's the best place for it since
this means that that no spu-OS (not spu-OBJECT_FORMAT)
target will pick it up there.

In fact, I am disappointed that the other four targets
have it in libgloss. It may be allowed but it doesn't
seem like the best choice.  I know if there were an RTEMS
port to any of the targets which have the crt[in] in
libgloss, it would have to be copied to somewhere else for
XXX-rtems to have access to it.

RTEMS doesn't use libgloss so I need to ask: does
libgloss get built multilib?  If not, that could be
another potential downside with putting them there.

Not the most critical thing in the world but it still seems
wrong.  I know it works and I know what the documentation
says BUT....

--joel sherrill