How can I start without C compiler check?

Luo Yong cyberblue.yong@gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 04:47:00 GMT 2006


Hi all

I'm building my cross compile environment and successful build a
bootstrap gcc with the following steps:

===>

Binutils
./configure --target=arm-gnu-linux
make
make install

Bootstrap GCC
mkdir _build_
cd _build_
../gcc-4.1.1/configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-gnu-linux --disable-shared
--disable-threads --enable-languages=c --with-newlib --with-gnu-as
--with-gnu-ld --without-headers
make all-gcc
make install-gcc

<===

But the bootstrap gcc cannot build dynamic libraries.So when I run
"CC=arm-gnu-linux-gcc ../newlib-1.14.0/configure
--target=arm-gnu-linux --prefix=/usr/local/arm-gnu-linux" it cannot
pass the compiler checking step.It prompt that:

"
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking target system type... arm-gnu-linux-gnu
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for gcc... arm-gnu-linux-gcc
checking whether the C compiler (arm-gnu-linux-gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.
"

But I only want static library to complete my gcc build.

How can pass the steps and get the static build of newlib?

Thanks.



More information about the Newlib mailing list