powerpc: Incomplete configure under Cygwin?

Tommi Sairo Tommi.Sairo@vansco-forssa.com
Mon Nov 6 17:47:00 GMT 2006

> The referred powerpc-eabi/nof/newlib -directory is empty, as
> are all other subdirs of powerpc-eabi/nof.
>
> I'm linking newlib- and libgloss-dirs at top level of GCC
> sources and configuring from top level of GCC source with:
> ../${GCCDIR}/configure --disable-shared --disable-nls
> --with-newlib
> --with-headers=../${NEWLIBDIR}/newlib/libc/include
> --enable-multilib --enable-interwork --enable-languages=c,c++
> --with-float=soft --target=${TARGET} --prefix=${PREFIX} 2>&1
> | tee configure.log
>
> Any ideas? I guess I could try building with hard floats to
> see what happens.

Responding to myself: Same result without --with-float=soft; build stops
when nothing is found under subdirectories of powerpec-eabi/nof.

Hmm. I thought the nof-stuff was specifically related to emulation of
floats. Should it really try to build something from the nof-tree if
hardware floats are used?

A more elementary question: What is the current recommendation for building
a cross-compiler - use bootstrap-GCC to build newlib before building full
GCC, or one-pass build by linking the newlib sources under GCC sources? From
question 2 at http://sources.redhat.com/newlib/faq.html, I figured the
one-pass build is an appropriate method.

/TS