Printf doesn't result in a call to write

Shaun Jackman sjackman@gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 16:42:00 GMT 2006


Hello Matt,

On many targets (all targets?), printf calls the function _write, not write.

Cheers,
Shaun

On 9/11/06, Matt Gessner <mgessner@avidyne.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, all,
>
> I'm using gcc 4.1.1 and newlib 1.14
>
> I've supplied appropriate write(), open(), etc calls for my powerpc-eabi
> host.
>
> I've found that calling printf with a string results in a call to puts,
> but somehow, write() is never getting invoked.  Can someone suggest what
> I've done wrong or what I need to do?
>
> I've not written any of the _r routines.  Also, I can't find any
> reference to any library startup I need to invoke when my application
> comes up (it's a completely standalone app -- no OS, simply ISR's and
> application code).
>
> Would someone please advise?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Regards,
>
> Matt Gessner



More information about the Newlib mailing list