newlib vs C99 math functions

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Thu Aug 10 21:03:00 GMT 2006


Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 02:35:44PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
>> Andrew Pinski wrote:
>>> While porting some code over to use newlib from a closed source libc,
>>> I ran into the problem of that newlib did not implement most of the
>>> C99 math functions or macros.  I ran into the problem that FP_ILOGB0
>>> was not defined and I was wondering if anyone is working on adding any
>>> of the C99 math functions to newlib?
>>>
>>> Also is there a bug system for newlib because it would be great to
>>> file bugs about the problems I ran into.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Andrew Pinski
>> Well, newlib's printf() does not support "%a"/"%A" which are required by 
>> C99, so my observation of the C99 support at least is "spotty at best".
>>
>> Meanwhile, I'll wait anxiously to see you get any more attention from 
>> the 'official' folks than I've gotten so far.
> 
> http://isbn.nu/0671723650

Meh :-D
(You know, I think we're going to get a lot of mileage out of that...)

I apologize for getting used to the promptness of Cygwin's list. This 
one *does* seems dead by comparison.

Now that we know you're here, do you know if anyone is working on adding 
C99-conformance to newlib? ;-)

-- 
Matthew
vIMprove your life! Now on version 7!



More information about the Newlib mailing list