newlib vs C99 math functions

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Thu Aug 10 20:31:00 GMT 2006


Andrew Pinski wrote:
> While porting some code over to use newlib from a closed source libc,
> I ran into the problem of that newlib did not implement most of the
> C99 math functions or macros.  I ran into the problem that FP_ILOGB0
> was not defined and I was wondering if anyone is working on adding any
> of the C99 math functions to newlib?
> 
> Also is there a bug system for newlib because it would be great to
> file bugs about the problems I ran into.
> 
> Thanks,
> Andrew Pinski

Well, newlib's printf() does not support "%a"/"%A" which are required by 
C99, so my observation of the C99 support at least is "spotty at best".

Meanwhile, I'll wait anxiously to see you get any more attention from 
the 'official' folks than I've gotten so far.

-- 
Matthew
vIMprove your life! Now on version 7!



More information about the Newlib mailing list