Fwd: arm-elf and mips-deb-linux gdb

Niklaus niklaus@gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 17:03:00 GMT 2006

niklaus:
On 6/24/06, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 05:19:04PM +0600, Niklaus wrote:
> > Hi,
> > i just built a cross compiler with target=arm-elf .Then compiled an
> > program first.c
> > which contained
> >
> > 1 int main()
> > 2 {
> > 3 int i;
> > 4 for(i=0;i<10;i++)
> > 5 ;
> > 6 return i;
> > 8  }
> >
> > now i built gdb with target=arm-elf and ran in simulator mode like
> >
> > target sim
> > load first
> > b 4
> >
> > run
> >
> > it break
> >
> > but when i do
> > b 5
> > it goes into an infinite loop and i have to interrupt it.
>
> The most important thing in a bug report is being specific.  Please
> show us a complete log of the GDB session.

pro@deb:~/armenv/bin$ ./arm-elf-gdb first.o
GNU gdb 6.5
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-elf"...
(gdb) target sim
Connected to the simulator.
(gdb) list
1
2       int main()
3       {
4               int i=3;
5               while(i<10){
6                       i++;
7               }
8               return i;
9       }
(gdb) b 6
Breakpoint 1 at 0x1c: file first.c, line 6.
(gdb) load first.o
Start address 0x0
Transfer rate: 512 bits in <1 sec.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/pro/armenv/bin/first.o

after 2 mins or so i interrupt with a Ctrl-C
0xf26ed660 in ?? ()
(gdb)

Can someone help me with this problem. Daniel(drow at false dot org)
told me i have to use linker scripts. Can anyone tell me which linker
scripts i have to use

Sometimes when i ran it sometime back i got  " Unhandled v6 thumb
insn: e92d", i am not sure why i got this. But at that time path was
not exported properly.when i export it goes into infinite loop as show
above.