inet string functions

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Thu Jun 29 10:32:00 GMT 2006

Shaun Jackman wrote:
> On 6/5/06, Shaun Jackman <sjackman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would find it very useful to have access to the inet string
>> functions, such as inet_aton and inet_ntoa. These functions currently
>> reside in libc/sys/linux/net/ and are BSD licensed. It seems to me a
>> new libc/net directory would be appropriate for net functions that do
>> not require a syscall.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Shaun
>

> Comments?
>
> -- sdj

Are such net functions generally useful to platforms that don't have
inet_addr and friends or is this something that Cygwin and RTEMS would
want to share?

I continue to stress that if you add arm support to libc/sys/arm, such
functions are automatically provided and you don't have a piece-meal
solution that only supports an arbitrary subset of applications.  We
already have the EL/IX standard.