_ELIX_LEVEL problems

Joern RENNECKE joern.rennecke@st.com
Tue May 9 23:26:00 GMT 2006

Jeff Johnston wrote:

> When _ELIX_LEVEL is undefined (i.e. 0), there are no restrictions.
> The _ELIX_LEVEL is not supposed to always be defined in newlib.h.
> This allows the possibility of the maximum level (currently 4) to
> exclude functionality it does not wish to support and to allow future
> additional maximums.   Conceivably, yes, the level could be set to 0
> and the tests could be made to reflect it, but it seems more intuitive
> that if no level is being set, there are no restrictions.  This vs
> "why does level 0 have more functionality than level 3".

P.S.: reading the Makefile*.s now with this background, I think the
problem with iswspace actually comes from a simple, unrelated omission.
I'll try the attached patch now to see if that helps.
What is strange is that libc/ctype/Makefile.in claims it has been made
by automake 1.9.5, yet automake 1.9.5 refuses to regenerate it - it says:
automake: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required