P.S: missing: NEWLIB_VERSION

Joern RENNECKE joern.rennecke@st.com
Fri May 5 21:58:00 GMT 2006

Joern Rennecke wrote:

> I see a number of gcc regression tests failing which check for
> HAVE_C99_RUNTIME
> gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/builtins-config.h includes <sys/types.h> so that
> it can check
> _NEWLIB_VERSION to see if compiling for a newlib target.
> 2006-03-15 this still worked,
> <builddir>/sh-elf/./newlib/targ-include/newlib.h had:
>
> #define _NEWLIB_VERSION "1.14.0"
>
> Now it has instead:
>
> /* #undef _NEWLIB_VERSION */

NEWLIB_VERSION is still listed the same in newlib.hin, but the matching
configure
code has changed.

configure.in has:

AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(_NEWLIB_VERSION,"$VERSION")

which used to be translated to a configure text of:

cat >> confdefs.h <<EOF
#define _NEWLIB_VERSION "$VERSION"
EOF

Now the same configure.in line translates to this configure text:

cat >>confdefs.h <<_ACEOF
#define  "$VERSION"
_ACEOF

I think the _NEWLIB_VERSION function in acinclude.m4 is the culprit.