Newlib branch with latest autotools support

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Mon Apr 3 22:18:00 GMT 2006


Shaun Jackman wrote:

>On 4/3/06, Shaun Jackman <sjackman@gmail.com> wrote:
>  
>
>>On 4/3/06, Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn@redhat.com> wrote:
>>    
>>
>>>There appears to be something wonky going on with your setup.  I found
>>>an old arm-elf tools build on my system and tried it out with your exact
>>>configuration line.  It built fine.  Do you happen to have an arm-elf
>>>build handy without any local changes?
>>>
>>>I'd like to check in the changes along with Ralf's patch.  If we can
>>>pinpoint the problems you are experiencing as gcc or local change
>>>problems, there would be no reason for delaying this.
>>>      
>>>
>>I did a rm -rf /usr/local and rebuilt binutils from CVS (2006-04-03).
>>I then started to rebuild gcc 4.1.0 from scratch, but configuring
>>libssp fails due to the lack of a working C compiler (haven't built
>>one yet).
>>    
>>
>
>It occurred to me that I don't need libssp, and gcc built just fine. I
>installed gcc ignoring the libssp error. I then built
>newlib-autotools-branch. It fails due to the same config.cache error.
>
>$ make 2>&1 |grep value: |cat -e
>configure:   former value:  -O2 -g -O2  $
>configure:   current value: -O2 -g -O2 $
>
>binutils CVS 2004-03-03
>gcc 4.1.0
>newlib-autotools-branch CVS 2004-03-03
>
>  
>
Do you mean 2006 instead of 2004?

FWIW I used binutils 2.16.1 with few patches.

>Cheers,
>Shaun
>
>configure: configuring in libc
>configure: running /bin/sh '../../../../newlib/libc/configure'
>--prefix=/usr/local  '--cache-file=./config.cache'
>'--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--host=arm-elf' '--target=arm-elf'
>'--with-newlib' '--enable-multilib'
>'--with-cross-host=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--with-cpu=arm7tdmi'
>'--disable-newlib-supplied-syscalls' '--disable-newlib-io-float'
>'--program-transform-name=s,^,arm-elf-,; '
>'--with-target-subdir=arm-elf' '--srcdir=../../../newlib'
>'CC=arm-elf-gcc
>-B/home/sjackman/src/toolchain/orig/newlib-cvs/_build/arm-elf/newlib/
>-isystem /home/sjackman/src/toolchain/orig/newlib-cvs/_build/arm-elf/newlib/targ-include
>-isystem /home/sjackman/src/toolchain/orig/newlib-cvs/newlib/libc/include'
>'CFLAGS=-O2 -g -O2 ' 'CPPFLAGS=' 'LDFLAGS='
>'build_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=arm-elf'
>'target_alias=arm-elf' --cache-file=.././config.cache
>--srcdir=../../../../newlib/libc
>configure: loading cache .././config.cache
>configure: error: `CFLAGS' has changed since the previous run:
>configure:   former value:  -O2 -g -O2
>configure:   current value: -O2 -g -O2
>configure: error: changes in the environment can compromise the build
>configure: error: run `make distclean' and/or `rm .././config.cache'
>and start over
>configure: error: /bin/sh '../../../../newlib/libc/configure' failed for libc
>make[1]: *** [configure-target-newlib] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sjackman/src/toolchain/orig/newlib-cvs/_build'
>make: *** [all] Error 2
>  
>



More information about the Newlib mailing list