Q: should it work?

pedro_alves@portugalmail.pt pedro_alves@portugalmail.pt
Mon Apr 3 14:41:00 GMT 2006

Andy WU Wrote:

> Hi Pedro,
>
>     I'm very glad to find this msg and I'm trying to solve the cross-gcc
> problems all these days. I have tried the cegcc-0.0.1 package and your sample
> code from the package works on my pocketpc. I find several problem:
>     1. The evc built exe can not load the dll built with cegcc, the program
> freez and quit. The dll is only c library and does not contain any GUI codes.I
> don't know how to solve this problem.
>     2. The cegcc source code does not compile with my cygwin. The binutils
> compiles ok but the gcc package will not compile. The following is the error
vmessage:

> checking for arm-wince-pe-gcc...
> /cygdrive/g/tmp/cross-cegcc/cegcc/build-gcc/./gcc/xgcc
> -B/cygdrive/g/tmp/cross-cegcc/cegcc/build-gcc/./gcc/ -nostdinc
> -B/cygdrive/g/tmp/cross-cegcc/cegcc/build-gcc/arm-wince-pe/newlib/ -isystem
> /cygdrive/g/tmp/cross-cegcc/cegcc/build-gcc/arm-wince-pe/newlib/targ-include
> -isystem /cygdrive/g/tmp/cross-cegcc/cegcc/gcc-trunk/newlib/libc/include
> -B/usr/local/cegcc/arm-wince-pe/bin/ -B/usr/local/cegcc/arm-wince-pe/lib/
> -isystem /usr/local/cegcc/arm-wince-pe/include -isystem
> /usr/local/cegcc/arm-wince-pe/sys-include
> setting gcc_no_link=yes
> checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C > compiler
> cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> B.R.
>
> Andy WU

If you look at the config.log file, you will probably find that ld isn't finding
coredll.lib and/or winsock.lib

Please try the cegcc-0.0.2 release. You will find build instructions in the wiki.

Start here:
http://cegcc.berlios.de

And please post any cegcc related questions at the cegcc mailing list.

Cheers,
Pedro Alves