Newlib branch with latest autotools support

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius@rtems.org
Sun Apr 2 00:11:00 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 19:28 -0500, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> I have created a newlib branch (newlib-autotools-branch) that has
> regenerated all the configuration files using latest autotools.

> Joel, please verify one or more RTEMS configurations.
Though I am not Joel, the RTEMS targets I tried, look good.

Great work, nevertheless there remains a lot of room for further
improvements.

As next step, I'd propose the patch below.

The essential point inside of this patch is using AC_CANONICAL_HOST
instead of AC_CANONICAL_SYSTEM, because $target and friends aren't used
at all.

Ralf