[PATCH] libtool.m4 for linux-newlib

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Wed Mar 29 22:23:00 GMT 2006


I have checked in the newlib patch sans the dietlibc and uclibc stuff 
which does not apply.  You will have to submit any top-level patch to 
the appropriate maintainers.

-- Jeff J.

Shaun Jackman wrote:
> On 3/17/06, Shaun Jackman <sjackman@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
>>I've made some changes to libtool.m4. If I understand correctly,
> 
> ...
> 
> In case anyone cares to comment, the patch I'm trying to test follows.
> 
> Cheers,
> Shaun
> 
> 2006-03-17  Shaun Jackman  <sjackman@gmail.com>
> 
> 	* libtool.m4: Set lt_cv_deplibs_check_method=pass_all for all
> 	known Linux libc implementations.
> 	* newlib/libtool.m4: Ditto.
> 
> Index: libtool.m4
> ===================================================================
> RCS file: /cvs/src/src/libtool.m4,v
> retrieving revision 1.13
> diff -u -r1.13 libtool.m4
> --- libtool.m4  27 Dec 2005 16:37:57 -0000      1.13
> +++ libtool.m4  18 Mar 2006 00:07:07 -0000
> @@ -739,7 +739,7 @@
>    ;;
> 
>  # This must be Linux ELF.
> -linux-gnu*)
> +linux-gnu*|linux-dietlibc*|linux-newlib*|linux-uclibc*)
>    lt_cv_deplibs_check_method=pass_all
>    ;;
> 
> Index: newlib/libtool.m4
> ===================================================================
> RCS file: /cvs/src/src/newlib/libtool.m4,v
> retrieving revision 1.1
> diff -u -r1.1 libtool.m4
> --- newlib/libtool.m4   4 Jul 2002 19:57:25 -0000       1.1
> +++ newlib/libtool.m4   18 Mar 2006 00:07:07 -0000
> @@ -620,7 +620,7 @@
>    ;;
> 
>  # This must be Linux ELF.
> -linux-gnu*)
> +linux-gnu*|linux-dietlibc*|linux-newlib*|linux-uclibc*)
>    case $host_cpu in
>    alpha* | hppa* | i*86 | powerpc* | sparc* | ia64* )
>      lt_cv_deplibs_check_method=pass_all ;;



More information about the Newlib mailing list