PATCH: ARMV7M support

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Tue Mar 28 23:27:00 GMT 2006

Shaun Jackman wrote:
> On 3/23/06, Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>Shaun Jackman wrote:

>>>newlib/libc/sys/arm/ is out of sync with libgloss/arm/. You might have
>>>a little trouble applying your patch. I'd like to see libc/sys/arm
>>>permanently removed and --disable-newlib-supplied-syscalls become the
>>>default. Is this possible, Jeff?
>>
>>Regarding making the switch - it only requires the gcc side to change.
>>I suppose once Mark's patches are in place, I can start campaigning for
>>a gcc patch.
>

> That'd be great, Jeff! What does it require of GCC?
>
> Cheers,
> Shaun

It would simply be changing the default gcc compile/link command to use
one of the libgloss arm spec files.  This could either default to be
elf-rdimon.specs or have the compiler allow a choice of elf vs coff and
rdi vs rdp and then choose accordingly between the four available
choices which are all in libgloss.