PATCH: Disable dynamic allocation in atexit
Richard Earnshaw
rearnsha@arm.com
Tue Mar 21 11:37:00 GMT 2006
On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 03:22, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Jeff Johnston wrote:
>
> > I had meant for you to wait. There should at least be a way to default
> > this for a platform in configure.host. See newlib_io_pos_args for an
> > example unless you want me to do it.
>
> Here's a patch to do this. I tested it by (temporarily) modifying
> arm*-*-* to avoid dynamic atexit by default, and verifying that newlib.h
> was generated with the correct value, both with and without that change,
> as well as by verifying that manual configuration options still worked.
>
> If you'd like me to apply this, shout; otherwise, say the word and I'll
> revert the other patch.
>
> Thanks,
Would it be reasonable to make atexit weakly reference malloc, and only
call it if it's been linked in? I can't imagine that there would be
many applications that would blow the static atexit table that wouldn't
call malloc at least once from some other location.
R.
More information about the Newlib
mailing list