Regenerating configure

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Sat Mar 18 01:36:00 GMT 2006


Shaun Jackman wrote:
> I've made some changes to libtool.m4. If I understand correctly,
> aclocal-1.4 is used to migrate those changes to aclocal.m4, and
> autoconf2.13 is used to migrate the changes from there to configure.
> After running aclocal-1.4, the resulting aclocal.m4 file has a
> AC_PREREQ(2.50), whereas I believe autoconf2.13 should be used. What's
> the magic incantation to generate everything?
> 
> I'm using the autoconf2.13 and automake1.4 packages from Debian to
> provide the  autoconf2.13 and aclocal-1.4 utilities.
> 
> Thanks!
> Shaun

I can't comment on the Debian packages, but FWIW: I use aclocal 1.4-p6, 
automake 1.4-p6, and autoconf 2.13 locally.  I run the following in the 
top-level newlib directory:

   aclocal -I .
   autoconf
   automake --cygnus Makefile

This does not result in bringing in a 2.50 prereq.

-- Jeff J.

*********************************************************************
aclocal --version
bash-3.00$ aclocal --version
aclocal (GNU automake) 1.4-p6

Copyright (C) 1999, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Written by Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
*********************************************************************



More information about the Newlib mailing list