libgloss, libnosys ?

rekisum@web.de rekisum@web.de
Tue Jan 10 09:29:00 GMT 2006

Hi,
I searched the web and this mailing list, but need more infos.
I'm trying to add printf and other functions to my ARM7 (STR7) standalone programm.
I got precompiled newlib libraries coming with the GNUARM toolchain.
Somewhere I read I've got to make my own _read, _write implementation for UART.
Ok, this fails because my compiler says their're already exist in syscalls.o,
and got no newlib sources (can download of course, configure under windows?).
Maybe I use the wrong lib?
I got several of them under:
\lib
\lib\thumb      ( for thumb mode?)
\lib\interwork ( for mixed thumb / no-thumb mode?)
\lib\fpu           ( for (no) floating point hardware ?)
\lib\be            ( ? for belgium users ?)
\lib\nofmult    ( ? without floating point multiply ?)

Also there are differnet libs named libiberty, libnosys, I read something about libgloss?
I didn't found this information in the libc.pdf, so any help is appreciated.
Regards,
Joerg