crt0 not built for m68k target?

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap@eros-os.org
Thu Oct 6 19:03:00 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 11:42 -0400, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> If you look at configure.host you will notice a variable: have_crt0.
> This variable is set by default to yes if 1. you have a sys_dir and 2.
> you don't specify: have_crt0=no  When this variable is set to yes, the
> libc/sys expects to copy crt0.o up the tree.
>
> If your sys directory builds crt0.o conditionally, then you will have to
> modify your configure.host to conditionally set this variable to no.
>
> -- Jeff J.

Jeff:

Thanks. Turns out this isn't the problem. The problem is that by
cross-build script wasn't checking for failure from "make all". It went
on to attempt the install, which obscured the real error in the log.

The real error was that GCC 4.0.1 takes an ICE attempting to compile
vfprintf.c. It's a segfault in GCC, so I need to go on a bug hunt.

I suspect that the same bug will also appear for m68k-elf, because there
is nothing unusual in my m68k-unknown-coyotos config for gcc (one header
to predefine the OS name, otherwise identical to m68k-elf. This will at
least make it somewhat easier to submit a reproducible bug report for
the GCC team to deprioritize. :-)

shap