[patch] ARM EABI support routine
Wed Aug 31 19:38:00 GMT 2005
On Wednesday 24 August 2005 18:27, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> This actually opens a small can of worms due to the fact that
> libc/sys/arm should not exist as it does today. To solve the problem
> with board packages, newlib added the configuration setting:
> --disable-newlib-supplied-syscalls. At the moment, this removes the
> entire sys/arm directory from building so your file won't get built.
> The irony is that the file you are adding is actually what belongs in
> So, a change is needed in the configuration files in libc/sys/arm to
> allow only this one file to build in the case of
> There is also the problem with crt0.o. Currently, the configuration
> checks to see if sys_dir is defined and if yes, expects crt0.o. This
> could easily be changed by adding a new variable to configure.host which
> specifies no crt0.o regardless.
Something like this?
2005-08-24 Paul Brook <email@example.com>
* configure.host: Set have_crt0 to no for Arm targts when not
providing syscalls. Set sys_dir=arm unconditionally.
Default have_crt0 based on sys_dir.
* configure.in: Use have_crt0.
* libc/configure.in: Ditto.
* libc/sys/configure.in: Ditto.
* configure: Regenerate.
* libc/configure: Regenerate.
* libc/sys/configure: Regenerate.
* libc/sys/arm/Makefile.am (lib_a_SOURCES): Add aeabi_atexit.c.
Only build other files when providing syscalls.
* libc/sys/arm/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
* libc/sys/arm/aeabi_atexit.c: New file.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5226 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Newlib