how can I compile libc/sys/linux on other platform ?

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 21:33:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

  As you have noted, the current linux directory only support x86.  To add arm
and mips support, you will have to start by adding new machine directories for
arm and mips in the machine directories that are under libc/sys/linux.  In these
directories, you will have to create arm and mips versions of the files that are
currently under i386.  You will find one machine directory in the linuxthreads
subdirectory and one directly off of the linux directory.

  The machine code is partly taken from glibc so you might find it useful to
reference the glibc source for things such as how to do a spinlock or syscall in
assembler.

-- Jeff J.