RTEMS patch sweep: *types.h

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 10:05:00 GMT 2005

On Mar  4 10:36, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> I am proposing the patch below, which is supposed to do what I described
> above.
>
> I tried to test with linux (FC3), but as mentioned before, I am not able
> to build any version of newlib-0.13.x.
>
> I did not test with Cygwin, but I am confident this patch won't change
> or break anything for Cygwin.

It just must not collide with stdint.h, which Cygwin has it's own file,
and it shouldn't collide with the following snippet in cygwin/types.h
(included through sys/types.h):

  #ifndef __u_int8_t_defined
  #define __u_int8_t_defined
  typedef unsigned char u_int8_t;
  #endif
  #ifndef __u_int16_t_defined
  #define __u_int16_t_defined
  typedef __uint16_t u_int16_t;
  #endif
  #ifndef __u_int32_t_defined
  #define __u_int32_t_defined
  typedef __uint32_t u_int32_t;
  #endif
  #ifndef __u_int64_t_defined
  #define __u_int64_t_defined
  typedef __uint64_t u_int64_t;
  #endif

  #ifndef __register_t_defined
  #define __register_t_defined
  typedef __int32_t register_t;
  #endif

Then it should be ok, AFAICS.  Can you double check, please?

As far as the above definitions from cygwin/types.h are concerned, I'm
open for inclusion into sys/types.h.

Thanks,
Corinna

--