asprintf

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Tue Jan 25 23:25:00 GMT 2005

Shaun Jackman wrote:
> It looks like asprintf and vasprintf are only compiled in if
> ELIX_LEVEL_1 is not defined, which I guess is true for arm-elf since
> it's missing these functions. Could they be compiled regardless of the
> ELIX level?

No.  You need to understand what is happening.  If you don't configure a
specific EL/IX level, everything gets built (i.e. EL/IX level is not defined to
be level 1, 2, 3, etc..).  If you specifically configure with EL/IX level 1,
then the EL/IX level will be set to 1 and asprintf will not be included as per
the EL/IX standard.  If you specify EL/IX level 2 or above, then you get
asprintf, again per the standard.