Applying CRX port to Newlib project
Artem B. Bityuckiy
Thu Sep 30 15:49:00 GMT 2004
Hello Tomer. I met the similar problem when I contributed to Newlib.
In Newlib itself there are code with unknown licenes - I don't know why
Jeff doesn't fix this. But for *new* contributions, Jeff is pedantic.
So, don't see those files :-)
Thus, if you don't care much about license and just want to contribute,
use files the header like I did:
* Copyright (c) <<date>>, <<your name, your mail>>
* << write here if you want something amout your code >>
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
* ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
* FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
* OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,
* LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN
* OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
As I understand this is perfect for Newlib.
If you don't want such license, discuss with Jeff.
The example of the recently contributed code (if you want to see
copyrights/licenses) is newlib/libc/iconv/
Artem B. Bityuckiy,
More information about the Newlib