Applying CRX port to Newlib project

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Wed Sep 29 09:25:00 GMT 2004

Thanks Tomer,

   A number of issues must be dealt with up front.

   1. You have no licensing in your files, just a copyright.
      You should talk to your employer to see what is acceptable.
      Newlib prefers BSD-compatible or freer.  GPL or proprietary code is not
      accepted.

   2. You should not require a libc/sys directory.  We now have
      new ports put their init files / syscalls in libgloss.  However, I have
      noted you have sys header files which aren't in the ChangeLog below.  Do
      you require these to be installed for the end-user?  If so, we will have
      to do something special here as the current system requires you build in
      the sys directory.

-- Jeff J.