How to use newlib with gcc

Jon Beniston jon@beniston.com
Thu Jun 3 22:19:00 GMT 2004

> There is a file named syscals.c where theese function are
> defined. Actialy
> the organization of
> look in newlib/libgloss/yourplatform is the same as m68hc11.
> My port is
> based on it.
> Am am supposed to split syscalls.c to different .c files for
> each function

If you want the linker only to include the necessary code for each
individual syscall then you probably do. However, this is not the reason
you are getting undefined symbols from the linker. To fix that, you need
to link with a version of libgloss that is appropriate for the board you
are running. Unfortunately I don't know anything about your target so I
can't help you there, you will have to look though the makefiles to see
which libraries are built. If you don't have any o/s support, you can
try -lnosys.

Cheers,
JonB