How to port a newlib into a new architecture.

Doosan Cho dscho@compiler.snu.ac.kr
Fri May 21 20:35:00 GMT 2004

Hi All,

In these dayas, I am making an optimizing compiler, which is cross compiler(host: i386-linux), for a new network processor.
and now I am porting a newlib to the processor.
It's my first time and so hard work to me.
I try to find some manual or document about porting the newlib to a new procesor. but I failed...
I need some help about that.
Don't hesitate to advise of me.

--I have done below :
    1. Download the newlib compressed file.
    2. uncompress that and read the readme.txt.
    3. I understand to need a modification of some configureation files.
    4. I don't know how to modify that files.
    5. And I wonder that it is enough for new cross compiler. (just modifying configure files)

Thanks,

--Jason C.