$Id questin

Artem B. Bityuckiy abityuckiy@yandex.ru
Thu Dec 11 16:52:00 GMT 2003


Earnie Boyd wrote:
> In creating your patch you can use the diff -I switch to exclude these 
> lines.
> 
> diff -u3prN -x CVS -I"$Id.*:.*$"
> cvs diff -u3pN -I"$Id.*:.*$"
> 
> Earnie
Thanks.
I know that there are workarounds there. But it is better to have Newlib 
without these unnecessary $Id, IMHO.
> 
> Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:

>>
>> Yes, we also feel some discomfort: when we are using Newlib with our 
>> local CVS repository - the information it this $Id string are changes. 
>> And, when we are making patches the result is that our patches changes 
>> files like "HP strcat.S". No matter that actually only $Id string is 
>> patched, we are trying to make minimum changes.

> 

-- 
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,
St.-Petersburg, Russia.



More information about the Newlib mailing list