[PATCH] Fix stdin,-out and -err for multithreaded apps
Tue Sep 23 07:09:00 GMT 2003
Attached is a patch that should fix the bug reported at
which is another __DYNAMIC_REENT related problem.
It will change stdin, -out and -err locations to use _GLOBAL_REENT
instead of _REENT where appropriate, and it includes a change for the
stdin, stdout and stderr defines that i suggested some time ago (see
This will allow to change stdin, stdout and stderr without recompiling
all user apps in the future.
If speed is an issue the former defines can be used by defining
After applying this patch Makefile.in must be regenerated.
Comments are welcome.
2003-09-18 Thomas Pfaff <email@example.com>
* libc/include/stdio.h: Redefine stdin, stdout and stderr to use
function calls instead of direct member access if newlib is
compiled without _INLINE_STDFP.
* libc/stdio/Makefile.am (GENERAL_SOURCES): Add stdfp.c.
* libc/stdio/stdfp.c: New file.
* libc/stdio/getchar.c: Replace _REENT with _GLOBAL_REENT where
* libc/stdio/getchar_u.c: Ditto.
* libc/stdio/gets.c: Ditto.
* libc/stdio/iprintf.c: Ditto.
* libc/stdio/perror.c: Ditto.
* libc/stdio/printf.c: Ditto.
* libc/stdio/putchar.c: Ditto.
* libc/stdio/putchar_u.c: Ditto.
* libc/stdio/puts.c: Ditto.
* libc/stdio/scanf.c: Ditto.
* libc/stdio/vprintf.c: Ditto.
* libc/stdio/vscanf.c: Ditto.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the Newlib