[daveroth@acm.org: 1.5.0: Problem with fseeko() after fdopen()]

J. Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 06:11:00 GMT 2003


Thanks.

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 11:50:28AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> 
>>On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 11:35:24AM -0400, J. Johnston wrote:
>>
>>>Looks good.  Please change the doc comment that fdopen is ANSI.  It is
>>>a newlib extension.  There is some logic missing from fdopen()
>>>regarding initializing the lock which should be in your code as well.
>>
>>Initializing the lock?  I just did a 'cp fdopen.c fdopen64.c'.  I can
>>see some lock code in fopen64 and fopen but it seems to be lacking in
>>fopen.c.  Should this code be added to stdio/fopen.c as well?
> 
> 
> Ok.  I checked in a fix which removes the ANSI notification and adds
> locking similar to fopen.
> 
> Then, moments later, I checked in another fix which actually allowed
> locking stuff in fdopen64.c to be compiled. :-(
> 
> cgf




More information about the Newlib mailing list