Message queue support

Jose Miguel Goncalves jose.goncalves@inov.pt
Thu Jun 26 19:54:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I would like to know in what level the newlib implementation of POSIX
message queues (mq_open, mq_send, etc..) depends on the linux kernel?

I've tried a simple example of using message queues and it fails on a
mq_open() call to create a queue. Digging in the source code with GDB I
see that mq_open() fails when it tries to open a shared memory file:

       /* attempt to open the shared memory file for exclusive create so
we know
          whether we are the owners or not */
       fd = open (real_name, O_RDWR | O_CREAT | O_EXCL, mode);
       if (fd < 0 && (oflag & O_EXCL))
         {
	  /* we failed and the user wanted exclusive create */

Regards,
José Gonçalves