err configuring newlib for powerpc-linux

J. Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 17:49:00 GMT 2003

Anandapadmanabhan,Ramanathan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to setup an cross development envrn. for powerpc-linux on
> i686-linux.
> Built binutils 2.13.90.0.4 and GCC (cross) 3.2 and was then trying to
> configure and compile newlib 1.11.0
> (anything wrong with using newlib here?. Mine is an embedded powerpc
> -MPC8260- target system)

Newlib is barred by the *-*-linux* catchall in the top-level configure.in
(i.e. it is not newlib that is preventing this).  However, do you really need
powerpc-linux?  Would powerpc-eabi or powerpc-elf suffice for your embedded
application?

-- Jeff J.