i386 and soft-float

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Sat May 17 20:54:00 GMT 2003

Timo Ketola wrote:

> J. Johnston wrote:
>  > What multilibs get built is controlled by gcc.  See FAQ #5 on the
>  > newlib web-site. If multilibs are built, then using the associated
>  > commands when you compile/link will link with the correct library.
>
> So, as "gcc -print-multi-lib" prints out ".;", I'm out of luck, I guess
> (without resorting to compile the gcc myself, of course)?
>
> "gcc -v" prints "gcc version 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)".

AFAIK i386-rtems is the only target to include multlibs on the x86
target.

$ i386-rtems-gcc -print-multi-lib
.;
m486;@mcpu=i486
mpentium;@mcpu=pentium
mpentiumpro;@mcpu=pentiumpro
k6;@mcpu=k6
athlon;@mcpu=athlon
soft-float;@msoft-float
soft-float/nofp;@msoft-float@mno-fp-ret-in-387
m486/soft-float;@mcpu=i486@msoft-float

RTEMS users like them because you get soft-float libraries and
more optimized libraries.

Look at gcc/config/i386/t-rtems-i386 for the magic.