i386 and soft-float

Timo Ketola timo.ketola@epec.fi
Wed May 14 15:46:00 GMT 2003

silverio.di@qem.it wrote:
> I guess
>   gcc -msoft-float ....... libgcc.a
>
>                       Timo Ketola
>                       <timo.ketola@epec.fi        Per:      newlib@sources.redhat.com
>                       >                           Cc:
>                       Inviato da:                 Oggetto:  i386 and soft-float
>                       newlib-owner@sources
>                       .redhat.com
>
>                       12/05/03 14.51
>

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a little lost with the newlib:
>
> What is a correct way to configure the newlib to use software floating
> point math for i386?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
>
> Timo

Thanks for the answer! However, I think that your answer is for how to
compile an application. My problem is on how to configure and build the
library. I think that also the library should be built with -msoft-float
option but I'm not able to find any suitable options for the ./configure
command. Or am I completely lost?

--

Timo