[PATCH] Adding wcs* and wmem* in libc/string.
KJK::Hyperion
noog@libero.it
Mon Sep 2 16:56:00 GMT 2002
At 16.43 02/09/2002, you wrote:
> > Shouldn't this be something to be specified in configure.host?
> Technically,
> > Cygwin is not the only Unix platform based on Windows NT
>No, I don't think so. Practically, Cygwin is the only Unix platform using
>newlib and supporting both of Unix API and Win32 API.
Since I happen to be developing the second Unix platform based on Windows
NT (ignoring Softway's OpenNT - now Microsoft Interix - of course), and
since newlib will become the core of a C runtime, sitting directly on the
Windows NT native API, on which not only my Unix platform and other
components of the React Operating System (<http://www.reactos.com/>) -
including a native port of the Mono platform - but also future developement
kits such as MingWNT, ReactOS-DDK and ReactOS-SSDK will be based, I insist
for wchar_t's constraints to be configurable parameters
(not that this really matters. If my proposal isn't accepted now, you're
going to hear from us again anyway)
More information about the Newlib
mailing list