[PATCH] Adding wcs* and wmem* in libc/string.

J. Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Thu Aug 29 12:55:00 GMT 2002


Kazuhiro Fujieda wrote:
> 
> A few days ago, Egor submitted a patch to add wmem* functions to
> libc/stdlib. I believe these functions should reside in
> libc/string according to *BSD C Libraries.
> 
> And we can add wcs* functions in *BSD Library to newlib because
> these functions don't depend on the implementation of wide
> characters.
> ____
>   | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
>   | HOKURIKU  Center for Information Science
> o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
> 
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
>    Part 1.2           Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>            Download Status: Not downloaded with message
> 
>    Part 1.3           Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>            Download Status: Not downloaded with message

Thank you.  Patch has been checked in with a few modifications.
I added the missing documentation for wcslcpy.c and wcslcat.c and
made a few minor documentation-format corrections to appease make info.
I also removed the outdated advertising clauses in two files taken
from BSD.

I have just added changes to libc.texinfo such that there
is a new chapter regarding these new routines.

-- Jeff J.



More information about the Newlib mailing list