Help needed : Problem with printf

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Mon Aug 5 06:36:00 GMT 2002



Banit Agrawal wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I have ported newlib for a RISC processor using cross-compiler tools.
> I am having some problems with printf output.
> 
> suppose for this statement:
> 
>   printf("hello world");
> 
> it doesn't print anything in the output.

standard output is usually line buffered which means that output is
buffered until you print a newline.

> But if I write this as
> 
>    printf("hello world\n");
> 
> it prints the string hello world and some 000000000 characters in newline.
> I have used newlib version 1.1.0.

Except for the "000000000 characters" that is expected behavior.  I
would suspect
that your hardware putc routine is not 100% right.  

> Any pointers in this direction will be useful.
> 
> Thanks,
> Banit

-- 
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research & Development
joel@OARcorp.com                 On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available                (256) 722-9985



More information about the Newlib mailing list