MMIX port to be submitted, licensing issue

Hans-Peter Nilsson hp@bitrange.com
Sat Nov 3 11:57:00 GMT 2001

Hi.
I'd like to submit a newlib port for the MMIX, to go with the
recent binutils and gcc ports.

What licensing terms are acceptable for new ports?  It looks
like the LGPL used, and the mailing list indicate that the
licensing terms should be "freer".  I'd prefer to go with LGPL.
If that's unacceptable, how about the following in
COPYING.NEWLIB, copied or referred to in each file:

Copyright (C) 2001 Hans-Peter Nilsson

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software is
freely granted, provided that this notice is preserved.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.

brgds, H-P
PS.  Please make sure to CC me in follow-ups, I'm not subscribed
to this list.